Saturday, May 15, 2010

My garden

Pictures of the house will come soon, but in the meantime I need help identifying some of the plants in my garden. You can see I've got a quite expansive (i.e.- overgrown) garden.



I believe the previous owner said these were a type of lily... you can see some yellow peeking out. These are yellow irises!

These seem to be tulips, already finished for the year (right?):

Pink peonys!

There are some more around the side of the house (is the one on the right also a peony?):

Look at this crazy mess of plants!

Lots of Hostas (I have some with lighter markings on the leaves as well):

Isn't this called Coral Bell? There is a bit scattered throughout the front. Identified as Lily of the Valley!

I think this is an Easter Lily? And the previous owner said that the little ones at the bottoms are Star of Bethlehem's (?) - they open into pretty white flowers when it's warm out.

Mystery plants below!


We have a ton of this, surrounding the sides and back of the house. Is it just ground cover? This may be a mass of Day Lilies...

There is a bit of ivy growing up the fireplace, which I like:

Also a bunch of roses at the end of the porch! No idea on the color yet... I saw a bud the other day - they are deep red! :)

My rhubarb!

Is it ripe yet? I'd like to try it...

No comments:

Post a Comment